Monday, March 4, 2013

Life v Virtual?


So I have been thinking on some things over time.

Not just recently, and not due to some specific issues happening in virtual worlds, and not anything specific to any grid or any person.

But for myself.

I was looking for something to do with my time a few years ago, when some things in my life had changed, much of it in negative ways, and I found myself with nothing to do.

Television had been boring me for a long time, friends, at least as I define a friend, were hard to come by, and many had gone by the wayside over time, for many reasons.

So, I got dsl again, looked over current things, and found virtual worlds.

And of course I found secondlife grid.

Now you see, I have been around the net several times in my life, I am no spring chicken anymore. I have tried all sorts of things and discarded them over time as not being satisfying to me in one way or another.

So I took secondlife with a grain of salt and explored it. I did find it offered many different ways for me to explore myself, and thus I got hooked on virtual worlds.

I also found much I did not like, and, frankly, if I had anything to do at that time in my life, I would have left it as just another thing on the net I checked into and found lacking for me.

But I didn’t have anything much to do, and I found it safe to do things in virtual worlds, I found I could use such life skills I had accumulated over the years and do things that I could not anymore in life.

I found I could stretch my mind and create, that I could meet and befriend new and interesting people, that I could further explore the human condition in a new way.

I remembered this from the Bible: 1 Corinthians 11
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”
So things change in life. I do know that for some people they do not embrace change, but I always have. Change is inevitable, anyways, right? Each new day brings change and we can either fight it, or join in it.

So virtual worlds give me change, daily, and give me that which I no longer have in life...change. Safe, interesting, mentally challenging, wonderful, change.

2 comments:

  1. Change is indeed good, Miney. You have a healthy attitude and a positive approach to life that many (including myself) should take to heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww..ty hunnie-)) I didn't know anybody watched this...lol...I was thinking of adding to this actually, but maybe I will keep it as is-)) hugssss

    ReplyDelete