Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Metaverse Destinations

The hypergated Metaverse is alive with creativity!! Join us as we reach new heights!! Explore!! Collaborate!! Have fun!!! Relax and enjoy!!

For *your* pleasure and enjoyment...

I will add new ones @ the top as I go along the happy trails of the Metaversum.

You might also drop by Metropolis Grid and/or Kitely for more specific to them.
Due to the length of this page I have started a new one.

Following in Zaphod Enoch's footsteps again, his blog has tons of interesting people and places in it... I bring you this region. Tons of detailed freebies and a fun balloon ride as well as a lot of places to go explore. HG @ hg.creanovale.ca:8052:novale
A couple of other people mentioned this place, and since expressions of Art along the paths of the hypergrid is something especially interesting to me...HG @ hg.ngrid.org:8002:shapeshifter & these words came to mind;

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion." ~ Piter De Vries
Another where I follow Zaphod [heck, it makes things easier!!] and after I attended this Exhibition by the Artist Prodyck.Theas. Zaphod mentioned Prodyck's main Gallery. HG @  ipsofacto.ddns.net:8002: There is a teleporter up to gtp [chatbar cmd] 121 165 788
Zaphod Enoch did this blogpage so I decided to go by and see for myself. I love the Art places a lot! There is actually quite a bit you can do and see while there. There are some cool full avatars and two other regions I visited were very interesting. This photo is of one of them. HG @ grid.aire-mille-flux.org:8002:Aire then go see Quantic also...see their teleport area.
HG @ login.aviworlds.com:8002:Gulliver's Travels is one of the top builds in the Meta. Originally created by Ub Yifu it is a must see with tons of details.
http://becunningandfulloftricks.com/ HG @ pathlandia.dlinkddns.com:9000:Pathlandia
HG @ fleepgrid.com:8002:primland
Did someone say mesh statues? or was it just they said something about wanting tons of well-made mesh content to fill their puny inventories?? Whatever, just go to this region run by Nebadon Izumi. HG @ hg.osgrid.org:80:Reticulation
Maria Korolov of Hyperica & HGB mentioned this one recently in a g+ comment, and since she recommended it, that seemed good enough for me to go by and see for myself...so I did!! Very cool set of regions. I tried the bike race, got my free wearable bike, and did the course set out. Fortunately I was disqualified as I did a double-click TP...I say fortunately because it was much easier for me to fly and walk myself. This only shows the start and finish line & I decided to not show the most excellent sights along the trail [I especially liked the underwater parts] as a tease to get you to drop by-)) HG @ tikitronic.com:9000:miki kiti tiki eta: My friend Leighton did this video of the place.
I must say, first and foremost, I DO NOT LIKE AVIA!! Now, bear with me here...every darn time I visit her region I am forced to add tons to my inventory, then I gotta go home and set stuffs out, then I gotta save the updated OAR, then I gotta box the stuff to again kinda sorta reduce my inventory, then I gotta write about it, then I gotta answer ppl who comment about my writing about it, then I can finally rest sometime the next week. You get it, right? grrrrr. HG @ hg.osgrid.org:80:AviaSteampunkArt but that place is not finished, I just liked the building. So then go on over to Dutch Mountains next door and snag yourselves all sorts of cool and exciting creations from the mind of Avia Bonne!! Definitely use her suggested windlight of London2026...besides, if you don't she can be very, very mean!!!
I found this a roundabout way. I had met Jorink Devin when I had an account in OSG and I like him. Then I have seen him in Metropolis, so I looked at his profile and found this link. I then went to hg.osgrid.org:80:art attack and looked around. All on its own, that is a very nice repository of Art. But I always look around at adjoining regions, if any, and found this one, explored it a bit, and got my photo op. Tons of interesting and unique things to see and do here, lots of freebies to fill those poor neglected inventories...ya feel me, right? hg.osgrid.org:80:Nebula
HG @ eurozone.bio-se.info:9000 to land at the Information Center. There is a ton of information within these several regions, so you might set aside some time when you visit. The EU Motto is "United in Diversity" & this is a project by Yoster Allen.
I post this one mainly to introduce you to a very interesting and well-balanced person I have gotten to know a little bit over time. Leighton Marjoram is very involved in the Metaversum, and I am sure he would love to have you visit, and even chat, if you wish to. HG @ grid.queer-citizen.org:7080:wonderland
A friend posted a photo of one of the adjoining regions in this personal grid. I went to go look and liked this one for my photo op. HG @ ignis-fatuus.dyndns.org:8002:Nachtholm. Very nicely done set of regions worth taking the time to explore. Several Castles and interesting builds.
Shawn Emerald maintains this very well done Metaverse Gate HUB. The interesting thing is they are scripted to show if the regions are online or not, which is helpful as, of course, people often just run their regions when they feel like it, and, as well, regions come and go in the free Meta. HG @ sanctuary.homelinux.org:8012:Eld He also offers a copiable gate you can use in your own places.
I originally came here via the adjoining Kamelot Region, which is also cool, but when opening the map to see what else was around, I saw Paris...So I decided to do my photo there and you can look around to the other regions as you wish and feel so inclined. HG @ hg.osgrid.org:80:France Paris
I was pointed to this by a comment in the Kitely forums PMGrid Tolkien build and had to go see for myself. I did have some issues getting there but finally my friend Virtual Christine suggested I go by Shawn Emerald's Eld gates region and find the gate there; I did, and finally made it. It was worth it to see such an awesome build. I think it is HG @ pmgrid.org:8002:rom31. You can find it if you really want to, regardless, and I do recommend doing so. It covers several regions.
Not sure why this one reminded me of Hamlet...perhaps, I am also, Insane!
"Alas! poor Yorick. I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen? Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must come; make her laugh at that."
If you use chatbar commands type gth 2000 or find the teleporter [or fly up...lol]
HG @ hg.francogrid.org:80:Le Village

Several interesting and nicely created regions in this grid. I flew the Flying Hackney Ride which was fun.
Planet Tuck, right? A message by Beduino Ruben? go ask, if you must...
Frozen Tales - Cherry Manga - FrancoGrid

D&J 5th Anniversary Party - OSGrid
A Visualization concerning the 1st OpenSimulator Community Conference
First OpenSim Convention 2013
I had heard mentions of Selea Core but finally my Meta-bud Virtual Christine did a new blog, and it made me get off my butt and go see Selea's new grid. Another friend, Bladyblue had first made note of using her content in her new grid, which I went to see first.

And WOW!! Freaking fantastic, absolutely beautiful and this landing spot photo does not do it justice.

And Selea gives all her content away, full perms!! So, thank you Selea, for your awesome gifts and for making me finally realize I need to do a new blog. HG @

seleacore.com:8002:selea's world
For those who read this page and are not aware of what hypergating is...it is, simply put, the ability to have an account in your own grid or someone else's, and teleport to others using the same avatar.

Type these addresses into your big map and if it shows up, tp to it. Various ones will become known to you or are obvious by their names. Hypergrid.org:8002 is the Metropolis grid, fyi.

So if you are using a Metropolis account, for Yoshiwara, above, you would search for it in the big map as is normally done with just the region name. The numbers are the port the grid uses to open to the world.

This is not available in closed commercial grids such as SecondLife or the other handful of sl clone grids. It is also not available with most Educational grids and many people turn it on and off on their personal grids too.
It is, however, about being free. 

15 comments:

  1. http://www.hyperica.com/article/five-great-spots-for-hypergrid-freebies/

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.hyperica.com/article/terrains-steampunk-and-wearable-art-not-your-typical-freebies/

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.hyperica.com/article/winter-freebies-on-the-hypergrid/

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRWeII0gkow#t=204

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.hyperica.com/article/where-to-ponder-your-new-year-resolutions/

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://virtualchristine.com/2014/04/03/join-virtualchristine-for-robstock-2014-the-intergrid-benefit-for-doctors-without-borders-will-include-the-hypergrid-for-the-first-time-dont-miss-this-great-moment-in-metaverse-history-fin/

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://community-eservices.co.uk/hypergrid-address-book/

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice grid list https://community-eservices.co.uk/hypergrid-address-book/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a quick note to say that Wonderland has moved to kitely for more up to date information about regions and grids visit my website here http://queer-citizen.org/ Thanks Miney

    ReplyDelete
  10. ty Leighton, I was going to get around to that eventually...hugsya

    ReplyDelete
  11. about one of my own regions by a friend-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIJVaVGsO6k

    ReplyDelete