Sunday, January 5, 2014

Epiphanies

Have you ever realized a great[er] truth, based upon some commonalities you have put together, to come to conclusions that previously you did not realize?

Most of my life I thought of them as “intuitive realizations”, and many refer to this as a “light bulb moment”, or “eureka” moments…then from someone or other, or someplace or other, I learned the word “Epiphany” is a cool one to use for this. It also has to do with a Christian Holiday.

There are truths, and there is THE truth…figuring out which is which is something many people will never be able to do, and for many reasons, most of which are just having to do with plain old human nature.

Then there are incomplete epiphanies…for example, one can realize a greater truth, but only to how it affects their own selves, not the overall greater truth in how it affects societies, or other groups of people…there are tons of examples of this and no reason for me to get into that.

Then someone can have an epiphany about one aspect of a greater truth, but still not grasp the greater implications that it can teach them.

One major epiphany I had many years ago, is that if you let others alone, with no manipulations whatsoever, they will show you their true selves, eventually.

In other words, it is a simple matter to use people by virtue of identifying their own selfish interests, and once identified, using it to one’s own purposes…and so, once you see that someone is this kind of manipulator you are then in a better position to connect a few dots, and come to an overall conclusion as to their innate nature.

For example, from my own VR history, looking at it in broad brush generalizations, leaving out, of course, the irrelevant frass [frass is the tech name for roach shit, fyi].


I found SL while I was just coming back on the net from several years doing other things. I wanted to find escapism, something to do, SL came up as something that seemed interesting.

I quickly found [one could say this is an epiphany, I just say it is on the road to a much more fuller one] it did not satisfy me [the reasons are not relevant] and I started picking up faint mentions that there were other VR grids. I asked around, looked around a bit, decided to try out the inwz grid.

So, at that time I only knew of the commercial aspects of this VR iteration, I did not participate in the social wider net aspects relating to this then, I had no clue about all that, and it really did not interest me either…So then I became an avid inwz supporter, but only inside that grid. I thought it was the bomb and gave a whole lot of my time to it.

Then I had another small epiphany [which being one where others may think of as a major epiphany, and stop there], that these smaller commercial grids were basically pyramid schemes run in a dictatorship fashion, by people who actually have no clue how to run a true business…many revelations went in to forming this next epiphany, just as with my time in SL only.

Then I went out into other commercial grids, found them equally lacking, almost quit it all as being boring and pedantic…then I found the free Metaverse & hypergating [where it is obvious to me the future is in this].

This was more in line with an epiphany of rather more major ranking than the others. I found that I could have the freedom that I had wanted, and was looking for, when I first found all this, that I can be the truly free spirit I like to be on the net…I found my home.

My point in this "rather lacking in details overall story", is that the final, true, and real Epiphany I had, was what I was looking for all along, that all the little epiphanies, where I thought I was so smart, because I thought I saw truths, which, in reality, were merely only steps along the road to the real "light at the end of the tunnel"…which is pretty darn cool, when you think about it.

 http://www.thefreedictionary.com/epiphany
  1. a. A Christian feast celebrating the manifestation of the divine nature of Jesus to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi.
  2. b. January 6, on which this feast is traditionally observed.
  3. A revelatory manifestation of a divine being.
  4. a. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
    b. A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization:
"I experienced an epiphany, a spiritual flash that would change the way I viewed myself" (Frank Maier).

Enjoy your own epiphanies, rather they be small, or large, as they are precious, and sometimes, just sometimes, they lead to more profound ones, which to my eyes, equates to wisdom, which will then lead to more epiphanies, which is truly wonderful-))

[notice the date I blogged this?]-)))

No comments:

Post a Comment