Thursday, February 20, 2014

Free OpenSim Terrains

Please feel free to use these free terrains however you wish. They are not to be re-sold as-is.

These are my gift back to the Hyperverse, in the spirit of sharing that so many offer, I add my own little talent. I create these terrains by hand because I find it relaxing and enjoyable.

p.s. While I do take some time doing these, and they are nice, I do not do as much with them as I do with my "For Sale" ones. These are more "when in the mood to do some terraforming"...and I usually complete them in a couple of hours or so over a couple of days or so. My for sale terrains I walk/fly them over a few days in order to put fresh eyes and perspective on them, upload them into other places and do the same, change water levels and other such things in order to make sure I have dotted every "i" and crossed every "t". So these may sometimes have a slight imperfection, hardly likely to be even noticed except by me, but they do not reflect the energy and time consuming processes I do otherwise. They are a gift...plain and simple.

They are also not to be used in any non-hypergated closed commercial grid.

[ I probably will not create any more free terrains. There are tons of other free ones around. The best one can be hypergated to @ hypergrid.org:8002:terrains that Magnuz Binder maintains. 13 April 2016 ]
 

According to Classical Greek mythology, Lesbos was the patron god of the island. In archaic times, Arion developed the type of poem called dithyramb, the progenitor of tragedy, and Terpander invented the seven note musical scale for the lyre. (wikipedia)

Be that as it may, I recreated it for you to enjoy. Get it right here.


Islet of Villa Franca the World's Only uninhabited oceanic island or islet with a beach bordered by naturally growing trees. Artistic and virtual license taken as needed. Happy Holidays 2014! Get it here.


Say you're the Queen of all you can see, right? You need to see what your minions are doing, right? So, of course, you need a high place to set your Castle on, right? not right? ok then... you can't have this.


I named this one Hazardous...why, you ask yourselves? Well, It just seemed "right". Anywho, snag it here while ripe.


Getaway, yes, getaway to your very own Island!! Only for the daring...


Another mod similar to Harbours where I add...hmmm...harbours get it here, not over there


Harbours is another modification of a terrain that had much less land. So I extended some out to make these nice harbours-)) get it here or be square...or whatever that old phrase was


I called this Insanity, well, for one, "I" am insane [no, really, I ain't jokin'!!], and for 2, there was this Insanity Installation I went to the other day by an Artist named Cherry Manga and insanity has been on my mind more due to that. Get it here before, you, too, go completely and utterly insane!!


Another modification of a free one, Blossoming gives you a lot of land with some flat areas and some nice water areas inside. Get it here,if you dare!!


I have been feeling reflective lately and decided to create a terrain for myself, and to share it with others who may also be feeling their Zenness, or, even if not. [you may get it here]


Awwww...so sweet!! @ 19 meters depth, this raw not only sends your sweetie a message, but allows you to  add much underwater. Some hills added for a variety of elevations. The terrain textures are just my current that I like...much can be changed to the look you prefer by changing textures and adjusting their numbers. [get it here for free]


Saipan is the largest island of the Northern Mariana Islands, an unincorporated territory of the United States in the western Pacific Ocean. It was discovered by Gonzalo Gomez de Espinosa in 1521 on board the Spanish ship Trinidad, that he commanded after the death of Ferdinand Magellan. The Battle of Saipan from 15 June to 9 July 1944 was one of the major campaigns of World War II. Get it here or here.


The Territory of Christmas Island is a territory of Australia in the Indian Ocean. It has a population of 2,072 residents who live in a number of "Settlement areas" on the northern tip of the island: Flying Fish Cove(also known as Kampong), Silver City, Poon Saan, and Drumsite. The majority of the population is Chinese Australian. It is called Christmas Island because it was discovered on Christmas Day.

In 2001, increasing numbers of people attempted to travel to Australia by boat in order to seek Refugee status. Many of these arrived off Christmas Island. An incident known as The Tampa Affair caused quite an issue there. [git it here] or [here]


I created this one due to some talk going on at the time. My little twist is that it can be used with water at the default height, but that also, if you lower it to -0- you can use it that way, which is what I designed it for. [d/l it here] and here


For years, trivia buffs thought the world's largest island-in-a-lake-on-an-island-in-a-lake-on-an-island was a tiny island in a crater lake on Volcano Island in Lake Taal on the Philippine island of Luzon. [it is now some island in Canada, btw] [snag it here] and here


Aogashima is a volcanic Japanese island in the Philippine Sea. The island is administered by Tokyo and located approximately 358 kilometres (222 mi) south of Tokyo and 64 kilometres (40 mi) south of Hachijō-jima. It is the southernmost and most isolated inhabited island of the Izu archipelago.

My depiction includes water inside the Caldera Maruyama which is inside of the larger Caldera of Ikenosawa. With heights rising to 44m I smoothed it all out a bit more than the real place because that is just what I do, so deal!! [d/l here] and here


Fuerteventura is one of the Canary Islands. [get it here] and on payloadz


Gran Canaria is one of the Canary Islands located off the coast of western Africa. Virtually rising to 40m with lots of beach areas added, this depiction of the island should give you some nice options to enjoy. [d/l link] and here


Rhodes, home of Ancient Civilizations whom have risen and fallen. Rhodian Sea Law forms the basis for modern Admiralty Law, was the home of the Colossus of Rhodes and for some time the home of the Knights Hospitaller. [download here] and here


Guanahani - San Salvador Island. The first place Christopher Columbus landed in his discoveries of the New World, surpassing those who saw the horizon as being where "[t]here be dragons Terra incognita".  [link to download and here]


I was going to sell this but then I had to stop and think, "can one really sell Phi?? The Golden Number??"...and I said, "no, one can't" [kype it here] or here


Canyons is inspired by work I was doing for 3rd Rock Grid. Up to 80 meter Mountains with most around 50m. Two rivers with a wonderful low area on two sides of one where you can relax in peace, and solitude--)) [click this] and here


This crop circle was one of the first terrains I made, and I did it in the Kitely grid. A gift for my 1st rezday. download here or here


This Boat style terrain is fun. Roughly shaped like a boat, it offers high mountains and nice water areas. I added quite a bit of flat lands to set your home on and the water opens on one side to the free oceans. download here or here

With an approx 35 meters in diameter and 37 high centered landing point hill and the rest of the land @ approx 22 meters, this wheel with spokes has lots of possibilities. I used a silver land texture which does not come with it and changed the windlight settings a bit also. The region is inside the red prim area. [take it here] or here

I decided to add one of my old ones I sold to this free list. [230 Peaks and flats] or here


I did 36 of the tortured prims explained here and put them in a box and created an IAR for whomever wants it, go here and this explains how to use it...enjoy torturing prims, it's fun, and healthy!!


With flat lands and water going from the oceans to 5 inlets, Marina is primarily for people who enjoy boating. Add some nice landscaping and homes and you will find this one useful and enjoyable. [download]


Delta is a nice terrain. The south side is at the bottom ... [download]

7 comments:

  1. I used your Medieval village oar, though I removed all of the objects to make use of the terrain- the nice flat area in the center is perfect. I'm making it into a virtual pet cemetary/memorial region, aptly named "Pet Cemetary" on the metro map.
    I haven't done much more than clear the objects and drop in some trees and grass for now but I'll be working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, that is Avia Bonne's OAR, but I look forward to checking into what you are doing sometime...hugss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but didn't you make the terrain though? thought you had

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.lokazionel.fr/fr/actu/business/227-she-creates-regions-and-terrains.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see your own profile pic now, perhaps it needed time to show from when you posted? Who knows, really...the ways of the net are most mysterious.


    Yea, I have been playing with different backgrounds here lately. Glad ya likes it-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine! How incredible is this?? I went to bed with visions of befuddlement dancing round my head. What would I do with my world once I lay claim to it? The vastness of possibilities was something I've never imagined before. One rudimentary historical RL recreation came to mind.

    But these files blow that germ of idea out of the water so to speak. I can have a world that starts off with recreations of famous islands!?! Oh, I am going to enjoy this! Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy that you are happy Roxy-) It is all about relaxing and enjoying...

    ReplyDelete