Monday, December 1, 2014

Metaverse Destinations II

Generally speaking, I don't post Shopping places, others do that quite well and I am more interested in Grand Builds and Artistic regions. Some I have made an exemption for and this is one of them. After Aine posted this I had to go by and see it. I like the ambience of it and of course her free things are par excellence to buy for -0- or take/copy. Aine is well known for her NPC dance machine as well as other NPC content, her animations, her Statues, but this new build has given her more room to expand. Artistically created to enjoy while shopping. HGTP@
refugegrid.com:8002:Paramour Shopping
Craft's own meister builder Yoster Allen and Pixel Prim are wrapping up their Hildesheim build, a reproduction of one Germany's oldest cities, and Yoster's hometown! There will be a grand opening in October, but visitors are welcome to come by for a peek:)))) HGTP@
craft-world.org:8002:Hildesheim
The Ivory Tower from SL and Lumiere Noir will not be forgotten. Continuing his build in OpenSim, Tosha Tyran has moved it to the Sanctuary Grid. Under finishing construction but wonderful as it is now, go by and explore, go by and visit often while she finishes it. I derendered the water and ground and set it in front of a white windlight 'cause I likes it dat way, and you better too! HGTP@
(The regions of Ivory City are now easier identifiable. They have been renamed into Ivory City 1 to 4 ;)
sanctuary.homelinux.org:8012:Ivory City 1
I just saw this on Opensimworld.com and I love this movie! I didn't find Kevin Costner but I will definitely go back and keep watch. me love you long time! Kevin, big time! The region is really very well made with most of the main places in place. A Tina Bey project and you can HGTP@
hg.osgrid.org:80:Waterworld film
Praline of FrancoGrid posted this recently so I dropped by for some photos. She had reposted and added other informations of this. Roxelo Babenco is the founder and owner of the Museo del Metaverso, a digital museum located in MdM SIM on Craft World and she is helping to bring in new Artists, one of which is White Paper ( aka Paula Abreu ). Roxelo's profile states;

"Il Museo del Metaverso (MdM), nasce Settembre 2007 in Second Life e, da Ottobre 2010, continua la sua attività  in Opensim, Grid Craft. Le opere, le  installazioni, l'architettura stessa del museo, le perfomance, gli eventi, gli artisti, gli amici, gli owner costituiscono una complessa opera concettuale, immersiva e performante, con riflessi positivi nel mondo reale."

Adjoining the region is "West", a creation by DC Spensley. The ground of Delicatessen is also very interesting. The White Paper exhibit is in the sky gtp (chatbar command or use the location section of the map ) 160 78 486 HG@
craft-world.org:8002:delicatessen


HG@ hypergrid.org:8002:The Lost Gardens of Apollo
The Druid King and the River Lands Tales ... a medi-fantasy roleplay community. HG@
login.greatcanadiangrid.ca:8002:River City 
Have you been hunting for animals to add to your lands? Here they are, of all kinds, down into water animals. You might put aside an hour or so when you visit. Copy/take. HG@
craft-world.org:8002:Noah
You land in an oversized garden and that is only the start of an interesting region to explore. Created by mike mchugh. HG@
sim.yoursimspot.com:9044:Anvil1
"WANTED For Burglary with her Pet Mouse, Piere. Arcadia Asylum 17,000 L$ Reward. Wanted Alive for her treasure maps." I finally got myself off my lazy butt...well, ok, I was still sitting on my couch but you get the idea, and went over to my friend Virtual Christine's 13 regions she has on the Sanctuary grid chock full of what she says is the largest collection of Arcadia's work anywhere. It IS Imposing, I gotta tell you. Set aside some time and snag a ton of freebies while drooling. Looking north in this photo.
HG@ sanctuary.homelinux.org:8012:The Spirit of Arcadia 13
"A truth once seen by a single mind ends up by imposing itself on the totality of human consciousness.” ― Anonymous, The Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and One Nights

1001 Nights Region created by Dorothea Lundquist [and likely others]. Using 31 NPCs to create a really nice immersive build as well as decorated with period content, this is a must see in the free Metaverse. You might want to set aside a decent block of time to explore it. HG@
hg.osgrid.org:80:1001 Nights
The New Francogrid landing point for foreign Avatars. There are a multitude of hypergate addresses collected by Praline. The overall construction is by Cherry Manga. The five sections are Knowledge, Art, Freebies, Grids, Hangouts.  HG@
hg.francogrid.org:80:Hypergrid
I met Nacho Bizness, who, fortunately, let me be in his bizness and get my photo op. Cool region with a lot to see. He tells me much more freebies coming with mesh clothing. He is running a large varregion...he says 1,000,000m square
grid.infernoroom.net:8002:Dante's Inferno
The Devokan Trust is a Role-playing group managed by several people. I really do not know much about it and found this link in a quick search. Some people I know are in it and I had noticed a comment giving this HG address and I just dropped by. Several regions of interesting views but I liked this underwater spot for my photo op.
devokan.ussc.com:8002:lost pages
I was fortunate to see this machinima recently so I just dropped by to see it in person. I did have some issues trying to HG from Metropolis but in Kitely it found the region [but I did not go as I had non-exportable clothing on and didn't feel like changing it...lol]. I just wound up logging into FrancoGrid directly with an old avie account, then searching the map for EmptyRoom.

Follow the sit boxes and look around at each level. HG @ hg.francogrid.org:80:EmptyRoom
There is much to see here so you might make sure you have some time when you visit. The International Museum of Ceramics, the Moya Chapel, the Archaeological and Historic Museum of the Moya Civilization, Exhibition - Moya Masks and Metamorphoses.
hg.francogrid.org:80:moya
A g+ friend had posted about this region so I made a note about it and got by this morning. Tons of awesome, fun, and generally cool freebies here, but what got my eye the most was the region surround. I really like such things, sometimes make them myself, sometimes using Selea Core's offsim creations. I even bought region surrounds from Zuza Ritt available in her Kitely MP. Thank you, Neb, for all this. HG @
grid.nebadon2025.com:8002:okc world 01
Virtual Christine has been posting some regions in this grid lately, so I went by this one and found a great selection of guitars and other club related items. Lots of nice things in this shop & explore around this & adjacent regions to find more. HG @
craft-world.org:8002:riverford then gtp [chatbar cmd] 15 61 31
3rd Rock Grid has enabled hypergating into their grid now. So another reason to start a page II is to specifically highlight them right away. They have taken a novel approach to enabling the hypergrid protocols. The default for regions is that it is off so that the renters can then decide to enable it when or if they so choose. I kinda like this idea. I expect many more to open up over time. Here is their current list.

A trip today to see this Castle. It is in a 2x2 varregion and is a work in progress. HG @
grid.3rdrockgrid.com:8002:Camelot
My first page of Metaverse Destinations can be found via this link. It was getting quite long and some have moved, or changed their name, or are not around anymore.

I want to keep the photos up regardless as part of my reason for doing these is to showcase some of the the wealth of talent and passion out in the Greater Meta.

10 comments:

  1. Miney, the Iron Bridge build is a recreation of the first cast iron bridge. It was built in Victorian England. This is the first major recreation of my company Digital Worlds Group LLC. Most of what you see was built and textured by MsVelvetVoice Viper (Joy Webb). The 3D models I built. This is a very "data driven" build. Even the topography was pulled from Google Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michael. This is why I added the signs photo also [since I did a g+ post with incorrect info I figured I would do better here]-)


    I know of MsVelvet as she was a friend of Lindas when we were both there. I did put some things in edit to see who was involved with creating it.


    Thanks for the additional info and for taking the time to post a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so whats your email. because there is no contact points in G+
    do not post this LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you climb up the MOYA tower yet :)
    I love that guy's sims he has/had in SL, they were very cool but with the cost for tiers there I don't know how he managed. Seem to remember he had 4 sims!
    I love his artwork, very cool stuff, and a fun sim

    ReplyDelete
  5. heya wolfie-) gtsya...I'm happy you saw this post and it prompts a nice memory. I did a quick flythrough and even then it took a few to get the feel for it and a nice photo op....


    wolfieeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heys :)
    Now now! you can't do those "quick fly thrus"!!! you have to do the full tour number, that means starting at the base letter "A" and climbing up the stairs inside to the roof of the "M" See me standing way up there on the "M" by the yellow arrow? the thing is huge!
    You get to see some interesting artwork on the climb up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for documenting your adventures, Miney. You find really great places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where before we were blind, now we can see the quintessential Artistry of the Metaverse exposed, captured and visualized for our delight!!!


    https://vimeo.com/124062503

    ReplyDelete